HARLEQUIN 1450HQI BUNDED OIL STORAGE TANK
HARLEQUIN 1450HQI BUNDED OIL STORAGE TANK
All-in-all the Harlequin 1450HQi Bunded Oil Tank is ideal for use in home heating oil situations and is also suitable for smaller commercial premises.
The Harlequin 1450HQi is a fully bunded plastic heating oil storage tank that is rotationally moulded from superior grade polyethylene. It is a "vertical" or barrel shaped fuel storage tank which means it is one of the strongest and most durable tanks around. Full bunding helps protect the environment in the event of an inner tank leak, making these tanks an ideal choice for installations in areas where there could be a risk to the environment in the event of an oil spill.
In addition, the 1450HQi exceeds all UK and EU compliance regulations and is suitable for a range of installations, including light commercial and industrial premises plus larger domestic dwellings. Standard equipment includes a 1" BSP F bottom mounted boiler feed outlet plus a 2" BSP M fill point, 4" inspection aperture, tank contents dipstick and a 2 inch internally mounted tank vent. All fill points and tank equipment are securely locked away within a tank security hatch. In addition option tank equipment can be specified at the time of ordering such as remote ultrasonic tank contents gauges plus bottom outlet tank fitting kits complete with isolation valve and filter.
All-in-all this is the ideal solution for use in home heating oil siuations and is also perfectly suitable for use at smaller commercial premises as well. It comes with a long list of standard features but can also be had with a variety of options, so the tank can be specified to a customer's requirements.
TANK DIMENSIONS, WEIGHTS AND CAPACITIES:
|Tank Empty Weight||105 kg|
|Nominal Capacity||1450 Litres|
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL QUOTED TANK DIMENSIONS, WEIGHTS AND CAPACITIES ARE APPROXIAMTE.
HARLEQUIN 1450HQi SPECIFICATION INCLUDES:
- 2" Lockable Fill Point with Screw Cap
- 4” Lockable Inspection Aperture with Plastic Screw Cap
- 2” Internal Vent
- Lockable Manhole Access
- Oil Tank Contents Dipstick
- LRC Failsafe Overfill Prevention Capability
- 1” BSP Bottom Outlet
- Pre-drilled hole for fitment of Watchman or Apollo style tank contents gauge
Q. Is there a difference between the types of tanks?
A. Yes, there are lots of differences between the types of oil storage tanks and these are also available in a variety of sizes.
• Single skin tanks (non bunded) are used more in residential situations rather than commercial. However, a bunded version may be required in a residential situation dependant on the results of a risk assessment, to prevent any pollution from occurring.
• A bunded tank is a tank within a tank or a tank surrounded by a protective wall. Bunded tanks are used to prevent pollution and accidental spillage, containing any leaks within the second tank. Normally used in commercial surroundings.
• Double skinned tanks are like bunded tanks, but possess two protective walls with a small gap between.
Q. Why does the tank base have to measure 300mm around the perimeter of the oil tank?
A. The fire protection provided by the base is to help prevent the tank itself from becoming overgrown and in turn to help protect against fire spreading across the ground to the contained fuel from another source. If the tank is raised on piers, the platform supporting the tank should be sized to sufficiently support the tank. Reference should be made to the tank manufacturer’s installation instructions.
Q. What is the life expectancy of an oil storage tank?
A. Most plastic bunded oil tanks come with a 10 year manufacturers’ warranty and when properly installed and maintained can last for many years beyond its expiration date. Fuel pumping and tank equipment usually comes with the standard manufacturers 1 year warranty. The tanks that are available at RPM Fuels and Tanks are constructed using the best base materials and the most reliable fittings to ensure you’re provided with the best possible oil storage solution.
These files include useful information regarding the safe installation and operation of our products. Please download and review regularly.